Secretary of State Rules of the Road
Open to the general public, this class is for those who are anxious about taking driving and is designed to give drivers – especially senior citizens and persons with disabilities – the knowledge and confidence needed to renew or obtain a driver’s license. The review course combines an explanation of the driving exam with a practice written exam.. The class is conducted by the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office and is FREE of charge. Call to reserve a seat.
2017 Class Dates
AARP Smart Driver's Course
In this two day course you can expect to learn current rules of the road, defensive driving techniques, and how to operate your vehicle more safely in today's increasingly challenging driving environment. You'll learn adjustments to accommodate common age-related changes in vision, hearing, and reaction time.
After completing the course, you will have a greater appreciation of driving challenges and of how you can avoid potential collisions and injuries to yourself and others.
- The course is available in classroom and online settings.
- You may be eligible to receive an insurance discount upon completing the course, so consult your agent for details.
- You may be eligible to receive a discount on roadside assistance plans.
- The AARP Driver Safety Program has helped millions of drivers stay safe on the roads since its inception in 1979.
- Although it is geared to drivers age 50 and older, the course is open to people of all ages.
- AARP membership is not required to take the course.
- There is no test to pass.
- The classroom course costs only $15 for AARP members and $20 for non-members.
2017 Class Schedule
April 18 & 19
June 20 & 21
August 15 & 16
October 17 & 18